Thursday 2 February 2017

Finalising DigiPak: #3

Finalising DigiPak: #3

With this third DigiPak design, I have changed the inside image to that of a picture that I actually took instead of taking it from the music video. The reason I have decided to use an image of flames is that symbolically, in my music video, it represents the everlasting desire and passion in the relationship between the two characters within my music video. However, I find that the colouring of the inside image doesn't really go well or fit with the other images that are clearly either monochromatic, or are dull in tone. 

As evidenced, I experimented with the placement and the mirroring of the inside image to see if it would work a different way, but to no real avail. The image itself was constructed using the clipping mask and the appropriate resizing without altering the resolution, but overall, it didn't really work as the image looked incomplete and cropped due to a harsh black line that almost "cuts the image off" - making the aesthetic look messy and incomplete. As well as this, the harsh orange and yellow colours contrasted too much with the cool hues on the front and back images - as well as the blue text. 

I have decided that by exhausting my options with this image, I will leave it be and finalise the exploration as I believe that I can't do anything else with the image so that it marries with the front and back aesthetic. By keeping the blue text evident, I wanted to see if the image of the flames would enhance the aesthetic, but now knowing that it doesn't work, in my final design I will remove the alternating colour and just keep the text white.

The exploration with the flame image was for the sole purpose of experimenting with symbolic images that emphasised the message of my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment