Monday 27 June 2016

Looking through the first lens... Welcome!

Hello, avid reader, and welcome to my blog. My name is Charlotte, a 17 year old self titled, 'Third Culture Kid'. I've lived abroad for my entire life, circling the globe from the Middle East to Asia, facing new challenges, experiencing language barriers and involving myself into new and exciting vibrant cultures. That being said, I actually know one other language fluently aside from English and can make basic conversation with the other. As a fluent Arabic reader, and a Thai speaker; the vast opportunities that were made readily available to me throughout my life, have been invaluable. I have recently moved back from Dubai, which was my home for a total of 12 years, after moving there, moving away and then finally moving back, to then come to my hometown here in Ilkley has been quite an adventure... but boy, is it good to be back...cold weather excluding! Having completed my AS courses in Dubai, I learnt invaluable skills that helped me to critically analyse media products, identifying specific codes and conventions of genre and even though it is hard graft, I do enjoy the theoretical side of Media! Here you'll be able to keep up to date with the latest developments in media content ranging from my own work and work that has inspired my own creations, as well as a little criticism and personal opinions regarding other media content. I do truly enjoy the subject of Media Studies and find it fascinating in how media products are put together for certain reasons, so that I can rip the product apart and develop my own interpretation as to why things were done the way that they were! I enjoy it so much that I'm going on to study the subject at a degree level! I aim to get to the University of Exeter (update: I got in!) and study 'BA Film Studies'. As the A2 course is different from the AS course, I'll approach the A2 year with critical focus and autonomy, heightened analysis skills and limitless creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment